I’ve seen lots of these go around, and in spite of being a year short, they seem fun and insightful. It’s certainly a nice way to scope one’s accomplishments in the long term.
So, Lisa’s Accomplishments in the Past Decade…
1) Graduated from High School
2) Ran the longest (and probably most enjoyable) D&D campaign I’ve ever been involved in
3) Went to and graduated from Centre College, stuffing my brain 4 years full of liberal arts experience and knowledge
4) Learned to paint with oils, painting many pieces therewith
5) Became a glassblower, and spent several years in the intense artistry of working with hot glass, making many pieces in the process
6) Took a computer science class on a whim, having no prior programming experience, and ended up double majoring in it
7) Ate sushi for the first time
8) Started my Livejournal
9) Immersed myself in the world of theater tech, ultimately becoming a props and puppet designer
10) Went to England and saw 30 plays in 3 and a half weeks, all over the country
11) Built a glass furnace from the ground up
12) Sold my first art
13) Used Napster
14) Won an award for the comic I drew for the college newspaper.
15) Got a job in regional theater building props
16) Ate my first lobster
17) Quit the theater
18) Had my first romantic relationship
19) Began keeping betta fish
20) Became a web developer
21) Got a job at the high school from which I graduated
22) Got my first apartment and spent 2 awesome years living there with Scott
23) Helped out on a number of independent animation projects, as producer and occasional animator
24) Started playing World of Warcraft
25) Went to Japan
26) Started a video game club for the students at an all-girls high school
27) Applied to, was accepted to, and eventually graduated from Carnegie Mellon University’s Entertainment Technology Center with a Masters Degree
28) Found my calling as a game designer
29) Started a career
30) Lived in and visited cities all across the United States, including Louisville, Danville, KY, Stockbridge, MA, Westbrook and New Haven, CT, Pittsburgh, New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, Los Angeles, San Diego, Austin, TX, Orlando, and probably a few others that I’m inevitably forgetting.
Phew! I did a lot in 10 years!